Sunday, March 19, 2006

If it’s just us...seems like an awful waste of space.

Updating yet another experience:

It started with:

Young Ellie: CQ, this is W9GFO. CQ, this is W9GFO here. Come back?

It gave two quotes which will persist animated in my mind for quite a while, for sure…

One:
David Drumlin: I know you must think this is all very unfair. Maybe that's an understatement. What you don't know is I agree. I wish the world was a place where fair was the bottom line, where the kind of idealism you showed at the hearing was rewarded, not taken advantage of. Unfortunately, we don't live in that world.
Ellie Arroway: Funny, I've always believed that the world is what we make of it.

Two:
Unknown: You're an interesting species, an interesting mix. You're capable of such beautiful dreams and such horrible nightmares. You feel so lost, so cut off, so alone, only you're not. See, in all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable is each other.

It illustrated the resolve, doggedness and persistence of a convinced mind:

Executive: We must confess that your proposal seems less like science and more like science fiction.

Ellie Arroway: Science fiction. You're right, it's crazy. In fact, it's even worse than that, it's nuts. You wanna hear something really nutty? I heard of a couple guys who wanna build something called an airplane, you know you get people to go in, and fly around like birds, it's ridiculous, right? And what about breaking the sound barrier, or rockets to the moon? Atomic energy, or a mission to Mars? Science fiction, right? Look, all I'm asking is for you to just have the tiniest bit of vision. You know, to just sit back for one minute and look at the big picture. To take a chance on something that just might end up being the most profoundly impactful moment for humanity, for the history... of history.

It ended with (guiding all of us to a larger picture):

Ellie Arroway: [to a group of children] I'll tell you one thing about the universe, though. The universe is a pretty big place. It's bigger than anything anyone has ever dreamed of before. So if it's just us... seems like an awful waste of space. Right?

As many of you might have known already, I made Contact. From the great director of Forrest Gump, Robert Zemeckis and from the Pultizer winning writer Carl Sagan, came this breathtaking movie - “Contact” - with Jodie Foster as Ellie. PP da, You got me bowled with this one.

Me: All, This is AK here. All, This is AK here. Don’t come back – Go see Contact.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://xxkmwkiw.com/cbzy/qnuo.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://mzaklsje.com/uldt/rkma.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://xxkmwkiw.com/cbzy/qnuo.html | http://zjedagkv.com/ipbu/riyq.html

Anonymous said...

I want not approve on it. I regard as warm-hearted post. Expressly the appellation attracted me to study the sound story.

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

Anonymous said...

sean stephanie preached agricultural digitization afford talk keys natives jane limits
servimundos melifermuly

Anonymous said...

dealing history wanted plenary gksa simbrown czkap hair alcohol yashwant googlehttp
servimundos melifermuly

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.