Monday, March 20, 2006

Ruthless

There are times when I need to be callous. Although I have come out of the supple crust at times and made some impact on higher ups right on their visage, I think I am not doing enough. I see gross injustice, I see people who put genuine efforts suffer and people who masquerade labors enjoy. We need to be professional and antagonistic, but not at the expense of lives of sincere people, not at the expense of a few enjoyable moments that might blaze in the future and never ever to swathe the screw ups that some losers do in the quest for more ‘tags’, ‘promotions’ and ‘so-called organizational growth’.

At times you need to start believing in ethics, which are supposed to be in existence. At times, you need to raise your voice in a way that it’s heard. At times, you need to pull yourself out from cleaning up and let the mess others create remain a mess in their face. At times, you need to hit them hard on the face and let them realize that this is not the way to be. At times, you need to Ruthless.

I am not frustrated, but I guess I need to do a Quentin Tarantino.

11 comments:

Krishnan said...

bang bang

Venkateshwar Sahai said...

Right on man.. Couldnt have said it better, or in fewer words! I too believe that we are professionals, and should act like one. And that we should be accountable for the work we do!

hope and love said...

hmmm true..
there is a lot of sincerity in ur words...

Avi said...

Ya dude...Thts why I dont like the corporate world.

pophabhi said...

Kich: There you are, Bill!

Venkat: Yes. Accountability comes automatically, when you feel things are worth it.

Alexis: Yes, they are facts of life. We need to keep adapting to this stuff.

Doc: Thanks!!

Avi: Shall we get on with farming? God knows, we may triggering a bull trend for global economy ;)

Ramki said...

Hey abhi..Hit the nail right on head..The reserved nature of ppl: are taken for a ride many at times..Its all abt: stricking the rite note at the rite time...

Any yes da..u r visibly disturbed..Take in ur stride and be cool as u alwayz r..

pophabhi said...

RK Well then, lets do something? I am starting to show a presence - and to raise the voice by bits. No da - You are mistaken - I am not disturbed.

neermathalam said...

u got your appraisal !!!!!! ???
just kidding...
yes the world belongs to one who is heard...
nice guys finish last...but I like to believe that I m an exception...
Hope evry one else too follow the line...
Too much ambitions...!!!

pophabhi said...

Neermathalam: Got it wrong, buddy. Appraisal is done, and I cant ask for a better one. This one is not related to appraisals. Its related to the ignorance - Its related to eyes closing suddenly - Its related to blowing out the candles that were throwing so much light and reflections.
Ambitions or not - Its not good to cut off talent in early years.

Reshmi said...

Echoes some of my own feelings..
I see a lot of chameleons in my office lawns..n they remind me of some of my colleagues everytime i spot them...:)

pophabhi said...

Reshmi: Nicely Written, Reshmi. Its exactly same here!